If you’re itching to learn more about the theories and research behind Thriving Petoskey, we’ve compiled some resources to get you started.
The Sustainable Development Goals are a universal call to action to end poverty, protect the planet and improve the lives and prospects of everyone, everywhere. The 17 Goals were adopted by all UN Member States in 2015, as part of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development which set out a 15-year plan to achieve the Goals.
Conscious Capitalism, Inc. supports a global community of business leaders dedicated to elevating humanity through business. We provide mid-market executives with innovative and inspiring experiences designed to level-up their business operations and collectively demonstrate capitalism as a powerful force for good when practiced consciously.
SOCAP Global (Social Capital Markets) is the thought leadership platform for the accelerating movement towards a more just and sustainable economy. They convene a global ecosystem and marketplace – social entrepreneurs, investors, foundation and nonprofit leaders, government and policy leaders, creators, corporations, academics, and beyond – through live and digital experiences that educate, spur conversation, and inspire investment in positive impact.
Articles & Publications
Creating Extraordinary Cultures: Nathan Havey Keynotes CultureTalk Partner Day
Letter: Corporations Should Be Accountable for Ills They Cause Society
Stakeholder Capitalism: The System Change Our Economy Needs
B Lab U.S. & Canada
Purpose-Driven Companies Evolve Faster Than Others
What does a Purpose-driven Company Look Like?
Building Conscious Capitalism into Your Existing Business is Worth the Effort
Episode #69: How We Do Anything Means Everything!! – The Conscious Capitalists
- Episode #69: How We Do Anything Means Everything!!
- Episode #68: Awaken – Part 2 – The Outer Journey of a Conscious Capitalist!
- Episode #67: Awaken – Part 1 – The Inner Journey of a Conscious Capitalist!
- Episode #66: The Employee Ownership Journey – Why do it? Where to start?
- Episode #65: Authentic Leaders Leading from True North
BIGGBY COFFEE – 10 Things You Should Know about Stakeholder Capitalism
Thriving Petoskey Article Archive
On the fourth Saturday of each month, the Petoskey News-Review publishes a Thriving Petoskey Column in their Marketplace North weekend paper. Here is the archive of previous articles.
- February 2021: Jessyca Stoepker—3 questions we frequently get about Thriving Petoskey
- January 2021: Carlin Smith — Utility aims to be force for good with ‘Triple Bottom Line’ strategy
- December 2020: Petoskey’s Champions Honored by Chamber
- November 2020: Lindsey Walker — Resiliency in recycling
- October 2020: Jessyca Stoepker — Farm takes community-minded approach to COVID-19
- September 2020: Peter Bowers — Storage company adds solar installation at Petoskey location
- August 2020: Jessyca Stoepker — A thriving Petoskey is deeper than surface-level
- July 2020: Joe Keedy — A new model, a new beginning
- June 2020: Amanda Haworth — Purpose beyond profits
- May 2020: Nikki Devitt — Petoskey’s strength persists amid pandemic
- April 2020: Julie Joles — Keep your company’s purpose, values in mind for decisions amid COVID-19
- March 2020: Mary Foster, Bob Seitz and Charlie Brecheisen — Dealership finds ways to thrive
- February 2020: Lindsey Walker — Recycling program takes steps to boost workforce engagement
- January 25, 2020: Ashley Whitney — When businesses aim to thrive
- December 2019: Carlin Smith — Some parting thoughts
- November 2019: Carlin Smith — What would you measure?
- October 2019: A brief refresher on Thriving Petoskey
- September 2019: In order to thrive, we need places to live
- August 2019: Support those who support you
- July 2019: A socially conscious summer
- June 2019: Sources of inspiration
- May 2019: Are your employees really ‘there?’
- April 2019: Happy birthday to us!
- March 2019: Conscious business approach can yield greater profit
- February 2019: Make the planet part of your bottom line
- January 2019: It’s all about people